Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Lofty


The huge Liquid Amber down the back threw a giant limb last year (and a few years ago) It has taken us until this summer to chop it up.  And no sooner were we done than it sent another crashing down (you can see it at the back of the shot).  We've decided it is no longer safe to have a table and chairs under that tree, it is now the location of a new wood heap and we've bought a nice little trolly to haul the logs up to the house.

Reflection:
Psalm 139:4-6
"Before a word is on my tongue
 you, Lord, know it completely.
You hem me in behind and before,
 and you lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
 too lofty for me to attain."

4 comments:

  1. That looks like a little bush turkey's nest on the left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Letty, we don't see bush turkey's around here ... they seem to prefer the coast. Our bird that scratches in the forest in the lyrebird. But these are just twigs pulled off the big branch and which I will use as fire starters in the winter.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you have moved the table and chairs.
    I would hate to lose you to a limb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. You are very clever with your words ... like my hubby.

      Delete