Sunday, November 18, 2012

Taking root


I was gently berating my husband this week,

"Why don't you help me in the garden?"

"Because you do it, so I don't need to," was his nonchalant reply.

"Well if I stopped doing it what would the garden be like?"

This was a rhetorical question because we both knew the answer ... even more of it would be like this week's photo.

Reflection:
Psalm 80:8-9 New International Version (NIV)
"You transplanted a vine from Egypt;
you drove out the nations and planted it.
You cleared the ground for it,
and it took root and filled the land."

Participating in Psalm Challenge #80 with Robert and others over at Athens Daily Photo.

7 comments:

  1. It looks like my garden.., but I like a little wild garden:-)

    Blessed week ahead:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weel being a gardener is not something natural to everyone... I get your husband : I'm quite fan of jungle garden, cause I don't work hard enough in it. But that is quite cool, for both of you : you are complementary, and perfect for each other (well I hope there is something usefull that he does for which you have no heart when it comes to do it)...

    Nice illustration dor the psalm challenge of this week, anyway. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks much in peace with itself.

    Thank you very much for your kind participation. Please have you all a good new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you would have a jungle garden.
    i have to admire that hardy
    hydrangea, who looks lovely
    peeking out from the choir!

    a fire in the fireplace in november?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep a fire in the fireplace. And again tonight. I was really cold today.

      I don't really mind a jungle garden, at least it is green. However what worries me about this vine is that now it has covered the ground it seems to be climbing higher. By next year that hydrangea will be swallowed if I don't find some time to beat it down.

      Delete
  5. Some of my favourite weeds in there.

    ReplyDelete