Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hope returns


The grevillia we were hoping would flower at this time last year has been delivering nicely for us again this year. It's still jolly wet around here.

At the grevillia
Eastern Spinebills
hover and suck the
sweet nectar.
Perching they call
with a high pitched pipe.
High in the tree
I hear a different flute
but the singer
defies my inspection.

Reflection:
Psalm 130:5 (New International Version)
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I put my hope.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am like you, it is very interesting to see how we are in different seasons. The Knock Out roses that I have are landscape roses. I am not good with regular roses. These are pretty easy. I'll post more pictures, hopefully by April they will have blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely photo! love the nectar (rain?) drop
    falling from the petal.

    have been out of town and looking forward
    to seeing your photo and wise prose.

    blessings,
    lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love thee poem to go with this beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea, it's raindrops ... nothing but rain around here at the moment.

    Thanks Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i missed "walking" thru your garden ...i am so glad to return...

    ReplyDelete