Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Frogs


The spot of white in this photo is frog spawn on the pond (still not cleared of the nasty aquatic weed). I can hear the frogs bop-bopping while I write this ... it's warm enough to have the verandah door open tonight.

I can't think of the Bible and frogs without thinking the plaque in Moses time leading up to the Exodus ... shudder

Reflection:
"Exodus 8:3 (New International Version)
The Nile will teem with frogs. They will come up into your palace and your bedroom and onto your bed, into the houses of your officials and on your people, and into your ovens and kneading troughs.

6 comments:

  1. They would have gotten squished in the kneading troughs.

    plaque = plague

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh -- bad typing again! Never thought of them getting squished ... erk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be an awful lot of frogs to kiss and turn into handsome princes.
    Does their noise keep you awake?(Frogs that is not handsome princes)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, no they don't keep me awake. There are not huge numbers of them and they just bop-bop occasionaly, they don't croak or make as much noise as other frogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was a kid my family stayed with friends on Russell Island QLD.
    Late at night we had to get up and walk down to the jetty coz my Dad who was in a tinny, hadn't returned from the mainland after dropping someone off (turns out he took a wrong turn and was headed out to sea) BUT the thing I remember is the carpet of frogs spread out in front of me!
    I haven't seen anything like it since.
    Not a spare bit of space between them - they were crawling over the top of each other. I tried to crawl up my Mum's leg - but she wouldn't pick me up - I've never forgiven her for that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Letty, how ghastly, I'd be getting for my Mum to pick me up too!! I do however love the big green frogs they have in Qld. They are all small and brown here in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete